Last Updated: August 8, 2023
- What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the Site. But, we do receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- Account. In order to use certain services that we offer via the Site, you may be required to create an account (“Account”). We may offer different options to create an Account, including:
- In order for you to List or Book a Gable on the Platform, you must register for an account by submitting the information requested in the 'host onboarding flow’ or ‘guest onboarding flow’ (as may apply to you) on the App, or any other applicable web form (an “Account”). You are required to provide us with certain mandatory information such as your full name, date of birth, a valid phone number and email address and verify them to keep your Account secure, (as well as a password, unless you choose to login and create an Account using a third party account of yours, such as a Google, LinkedIn, Facebook or Apple account, in which case you will not need to set up a password) that you will use for your Account (“Account Information”) For Hosts, we also collect the address of their Gables. In addition, we may ask that you provide us with identity verification means that will require you to upload a means of identification, such as details of a social media account and/or a valid driver's license or passport.
- Third Party Accounts: You may choose to create an Account by clicking on a ‘connect’ or ‘sign-in’ button that we may display on the Site for a designated third party website or service (each a “Third Party Account”), such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Apple or Google . Doing so will enable you to link your Account and your Third Party Account. If you choose this option, then you will be required to approve the connection as well as the types of information (which may include Personal Information) that we will obtain from your Third Party Account and the types of activities that we may perform in connection with your Third Party Account. Please note that in order to use this option, you will need to have, and may need to be signed-in to, an existing Third Party Account.
Regardless of which method you choose to register your Account, we may send an email to your nominated email address to instruct you how to confirm your registration.
If you choose not to create an Account, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the Site.
- ‘Contact Us’ Information. If you send us a “Contact Us” request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display, you may be required to provide us with certain information such as your name and email address.
- Share with Friends Service. The Site may enable you to invite your friends to use our Site by sending them an invitation email or message. You may do so by: (i) using the Site to send or post an invitation message via your Third Party Account; and/or (ii) using the Site to send an invitation email to your friend’s external email address (for example, a Gmail address). If you send or post an invitation message we may collect Personal Information about the recipient such as their email address or their party website account user name and ID, which we will use in order to verify your identity.
- Profile. Some parts of the Site may enable you to build a public profile in connection with your Account (“Public Profile”). Your Public Profile will include your name, workstyle and personal and professional interests, and other information that you choose to include in your Public Profile, such as a description of your Gables if you are a Host.
- Log Files. We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement around the Site, and gather demographic information.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Our Site may utilize “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies in order to for us to provide our Site and present you with information that is customized for you. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Site. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
- Publicly Available Information. Your Public Profile and any content that you post on or via the Site (“User Submissions”) may be publicly available to other Site users, and may also be accessed and used by people off the Site. The notices and tools that we provide on the Site are intended to inform you which information will be made publicly available. If you publish your contact information in any User Submissions or as part of your Public Profile, you may receive unsolicited messages from other users of the Site or the public. We, therefore, encourage you only to post information that you are sure you want to be accessible to anyone.
- The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Site, then we may use such Personal Information in the following ways, via any applicable communication channel, including e-mail, SMS, etc:
- We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Site, to send you marketing/advertisement communications that we believe may be of interest to you, to contact you in connection with the Site and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Site that you are authorized to access. We will also provide some relevant Personal Information of yours to the Host of your Booked Gable (if you are a Guest), or to a Guest at your Gable (if you are a Host), such as your name, email address, the address of your Gables and other Host instructions.
- If you are using the Site on behalf of a company or organization, we may also use your Personal Information for marketing purposes within your company or organization. This may include sending marketing and/or advertisement communications to you or other individuals in your company or organization.
- We may use your designated email address and other contact information to: (i) send you updates related to the Platform (such as booking confirmations); (ii) send you updates or news regarding the Site and our products; (iii) respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request (for example, to change your password) and/or (iv) verifications, confirmations and cancellations connected to your Account .
- If you choose to send your friend an invitation email or message we will use the contact information that you provide, or make available, to automatically send your friend an invitation email or message. Your name and email address may be included in the invitation email or message.
- We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Site if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of the Company, our users, yourself or the public.
- Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our Site and enhance your experience with the Site. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Site.
- Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Site-related emails from us by closing your Account and/or by sending an email to [email protected]. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Site.
- Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Site, but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
- Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may use the tools that we make available on the Site or you may submit an access request by sending an email to [email protected]. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
- Children’s Privacy. The Site is not structured to attract children under the age of 18 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 18 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 18 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at [email protected].
- Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at [email protected].
- Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.
- California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected]. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
- Our California Do Not Track Notice.
We do not track consumers over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track signals. We do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Site.